Esh / MWH JV
- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
To coordinate enabling activities (engagement with legal, conservation, estates, planning, highways and other utilities) for the delivery of Northumbrian Water’s planned capital programme to ensure smooth and efficient programme delivery.
This role is to support all delivery partners across the Asset Delivery Programme, primarily working under the day to day management of Northumbian Water Construction Support Manager to provide an impartial service to all partners.
- To coordinate enabling activities for our capital projects.
- Early involvement in the programme to cover from project inception to completion.
- Stakeholder management and engagement with NW internal service departments.
- Relationship management with 3rd party service providers (gas \ power \ telecoms).
- Secure 3rd party services at timely points to support the programme priorities.
- Deliver a support service to Asset Delivery and their delivery partners.
- Prioritisation and coordination of workload.
- Be the single point of contact for enabling coordination for all our partners and PMs.
- Responsible for timely delivery of enabling service.
- Monitor and measure timeliness of response and quality of service both received and delivered.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities for self and others.
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Delivery of enabling service to Project Managers and Partners in a timely manner, providing outputs to ensure that project programmes are delivered on time.
- Demonstrate efficiencies delivered through the service provision.
- Provide a high quality service, both as single point of contact for service providers and as the supplier of that coordinate service to the core teams.
- Meeting the expectations of internal and external customers within the capital programme.
- Improvement of the capital investment process and other business systems through the support of successful development of ways of working.
- Management of risks at the appropriate level.
- Establish strong and constructive relationships with all enabling services.
Experience and Qualifications
- NVQ level 4 or equivalent minimum or technically qualified with considerable experience and exceptional performance.
- Full clean UK driving license.
- Understanding of project delivery needs and enabling activities.
- Programme management skills.
- Organising and coordinating skills.
- Knowledge of prioritisation approaches and techniques.
- Able to manage conflict.
- Ability to gain an understanding of complex client / customer requirements to ensure effective business solutions.
- Demonstrate and apply a positive mind set and collaborative behaviours.
- Strong capability in influencing and negotiation.
- Good interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Able to communicate at appropriate levels internal and external to the business.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Ability to function as a part of a team, both immediate and extended.
- Willing to travel to fulfil regional duties.
- Ability to think laterally, when considering solutions to business problems.
- Ability to maintain relationships within the framework supply chain.