Esh Construction Ltd
- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
Data Analyst Manager
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
As part of Esh Group continuous improvement ethos, fully supporting data collation and analysis and the production of various tracking reports for business wide use. The role will suit an energetic person who is looking for an exciting opportunity to join a team that are looking to develop and widen their remit and support to the Group.
The primary objective of the post will be to support and assist the Group Systems Manager in maintaining existing data tracking reports and promoting the development of new reports linked to business initiatives and continuous improvement.
- Complete and analyse the Masternaut vehicle tracking reports linked to efficiencies on a weekly basis.
- Complete and analyse fuel usage reports.
- Extracting data from Elite costing system and Filestore in line with focused cost saving / efficiency drives.
- Produce reports to feed to management such as; Minimix load usage linked to preplanning, vehicle analysis to make savings, all of which are to highlight where occurrences of inefficiencies are happening and agree target actions.
- Monitor progress from subsequent reports to see if actions are effecting the change strategy.
- Developing new data comparisons as required, to ensure under the direction of the Group Systems Manager that accurate data is input onto templates in line with reporting timeframes, to produce analysis material for management to enable them to review any required operational best practice process changes.
- To look for trends in the data and help analyse the results to find new ways to help manage working approach and cost / efficiency savings.
- To ensure analysis is completed within weekly / monthly reporting timescales and to the highest standards.
- Working with key stakeholders across the business to identify new target areas for review along with appropriate data from existing outturns.
- It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities for self and others.
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Preparation and distribution of reports on time.
- Accuracy of data collection.
- Flexible approach to change in task priority.
- Proactive approach to the development of new ideas.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience using Microsoft excel – essential.
- Knowledge of excel formulas and how they work.
- Understanding and experience of general construction markets including both build and civil engineering – desirable.
- Experience across various business disciplines as part of “the bigger picture”.
- Has a “can do / will do” attitude.
- Is punctual and reliable.
- Has a structured methodical approach to key tasks.
- Well organised and can work within set deadlines.
- To work safely and efficiently.
- Keeps people informed of progress on key tasks.
- Self-motivated and displays good time management skills.
- Is open to new ideas and listens to other points of view.
- Takes responsibility for managing own performance and personal development.
- Conducts themselves in a courteous and professional manner.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately.