Lumsden & Carroll Civil Engineering
- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
To assist the Quantity Surveyor in all relevant activities; working towards and meeting tight deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation of valuations for maintained / refurbishment work.
- Assist with project management.
- Contract administration of measured term contracts.
- Complete apprenticeship framework in line with individual learning plan.
- The outlined duties may vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
- To recognise the importance of Fairness, Inclusion and Respect in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Customer and colleague feedback.
- Piece rate / output productivity work.
- Participation with the apprenticeship framework; including college attendance, on-site assessments and testing, where required.
- Work safely and efficiently.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s A – C or equivalent including ICT, Maths and English essential.
- Full valid UK driving licence desirable.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Takes pride in work.
- Satisfactory numeracy and literacy skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Willing and eager to learn.
- Effective team player.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Satisfactory communication skills written, face to face and over the telephone.
- Satisfactory time management skills.
- Professional behaviour at all times.
- Have evidence of work experience, including volunteering within the sector.
- Have knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- Have budget handling skills.
- Have excellent ICT and maths skills.
- Have good organisational skills.
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in this position at Esh Group.
Please download and fill out the attached application form. Once complete, please send it direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete and return with the equal opportunities monitoring form to:
Group Training Manager
Esh House, Bowburn North Industrial Estate,
Bowburn, Durham, DH6 5PF