- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
To support in the reactive maintenance to retail / education / public and private sector clients. Carrying out all repairs to plumbing systems e.g. bathrooms, kitchens, radiators, drains and central heating systems.
- Support installations, repairs and maintenance, working within environmental protection requirements.
- Work as part of a team and follow instructions.
- Undertake allocated work to the required standard.
- Ensure exceptional levels of customer care.
- Submission of daily and weekly paperwork accurately and on time.
- Complete apprenticeship framework in line with individual learning plan.
- It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
- To recognise the importance of Fairness, Inclusion and Respect in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Customer and colleague feedback.
- Piece rate / output productivity work.
- Participation with the apprenticeship framework; including college attendance, on-site assessments and testing, where required.
- Work safely and efficiently.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s A – C including Maths and English desirable.
- Full valid UK driving licence desirable, a willingness to learn to drive essential.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Takes pride in work.
- Satisfactory numeracy and literacy skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Willing and eager to learn.
- Effective team player.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Satisfactory communication skills written, face to face and over the telephone.
- Satisfactory time management skills.
- Professional behaviour at all times.
- A willingness to work outside and carry out manual handling.
- Good colour vision (to recognise colour coded wires and components).
- Role is fixed term - 2 years
- Although there are generally no laid down minimum requirements or previous experience requirements to undertake this apprenticeship within the Esh Group, this apprenticeship is likely to be suitable for individuals who:
- Have an aptitude for technical subjects and/or are practically minded.
- Have an interest in technology.
- Can demonstrate an ability to solve practical problems.
- Have evidence of work experience, including volunteering, within the sector.