- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
To assist the Civil Engineer in all relevant activities, working towards and meeting tight deadlines.
- Support the plan, design and management of a variety of construction projects.
- Assist in the analysis survey, testing mapping data using computer modelling software.
- Creating blueprints using computer aided design.
- Supporting the Civil Engineer in judging whether projects are feasible by looking at costs, time and labour requirements.
- Assessing the environmental impact and risks connected to projects.
- Preparing bids for tender and reporting to clients, public agencies and planning organisations.
- Complete apprenticeship framework in line with individual learning plan.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
- To recognise the importance of Fairness, Inclusion and Respect in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Customer and colleague feedback.
- Piece rate / output productivity work.
- Participation with the apprenticeship framework; including college attendance, on-site assessments and testing, where required.
- Work safely and efficiently.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s A – C, or Scottish equivalent, including ICT, Maths, English and a Science subject (preferably Physics).
- Full valid UK driving licence desirable.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Takes pride in work.
- Satisfactory numeracy and literacy skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Willing and eager to learn.
- Effective team player.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Satisfactory communication skills written, face to face and over the telephone.
- Satisfactory time management skills.
- Professional behaviour at all times.
- Although there are generally no laid down minimum requirements or previous experience requirements to undertake this apprenticeship within the Esh Group, this apprenticeship is likely to be suitable for individuals who:
- Have evidence of work experience, including volunteering, within the sector.
- Have an interest in designing and building things.
- Have excellent maths, science and ICT skills.
- Have the ability to design ideas and plans clearly