Esh Construction and joint venture, Esh-Stantec, have been shortlisted for 11 entries at this year’s Northumbrian Water Group (NWG) ‘Going the Extra Mile’ (GEM) Awards.
NWG established the GEM Awards to recognise the significant contribution its supply partners play in helping the water company achieve its vision, celebrating organisations ‘going the extra mile’.
Recognised for its work on the NWG Runway 1 Framework, designed to deliver reactive repairs and maintenance, Esh Construction has been shortlisted for three awards, these include:
• Achieving a Great Result – for the Reducing Sewer Flooding initiative.
• Achieving a Great Result – for Esh’s commitment to driving excellence in the Reactive Repairs and Maintenance Framework.
• Unrivalled Customer Experience – for Esh’s ‘Our Customer, Our Family’ initiative.
Esh-Stantec, a joint venture between, Esh Construction, and leading provider of sustainable design and engineering services, Stantec, was created to deliver NWG’s Water and Wastewater Infrastructure design and build framework. The Esh-Stantec joint venture has been shortlisted for:
• The Carbon Conscious Award – for its ability to drive carbon change at NWG’s Innovation Festival.
• The Project/Programme of the Year Award – for the Johnson Street Storm Overflow Project.
• The Achieving a Great Result Award – for the partnership’s work on the AMP7 WINEP Programme.
• The Creativity and Innovation Award – for its Drainage and Wastewater Management Plan. This was a joint entry with Mott MacDonald Bentley.
• The Health, Safety, and Wellbeing Award – for going the extra mile to remove the stigma of mental health.
• The Legacy Award – for the partnership’s work on Run2 Academy to create the workforce of the future.
• The Legacy Award – for the Construction in the Curriculum project.
• The One Team Award – for the Drainage and Wastewater Management Plan. This was a joint entry with Mott MacDonald Bentley and Northumbrian Water Group.
David Pratt, Esh-Stantec Divisional Director, said: “It is a privilege that Esh-Stantec has been recognised in a variety of categories at this year’s GEM Awards and a real testament to everyone’s hard work and dedication to delivering exceptional projects for our client.
“We are proud of our long-term approach to creating a lasting legacy in the communities surrounding our projects, through our ethos of maximising social and economic value and providing excellent customer service to key stakeholders, which has achieved real results throughout our work with Northumbria Water Group. We look forward to the event in October.”
Scott Jackson, Stantec’s UK and Ireland, regional business lead–Water and Esh-Stantec JV Board Director, said: “We are incredibly proud of our strong relationship with Northumbrian Water Group, and our work supporting a cleaner, more efficient, and resilient water sector. Our joint venture with Esh Construction results in an industry-leading blend of technical, creative, design and construction expertise. It’s clear from the number of entries shortlisted in the GEM Awards this is being recognised by our client.
“Supporting and encouraging the next generation of water engineers is vital to meet future demand, and I’m delighted that three of our rising stars are also up for an industry award. The very best of luck to everyone involved.”
The awards ceremony will be held on 9th October.
We are proud of our long-term approach to creating a lasting legacy in the communities surrounding our projects, through our ethos of maximising social and economic value and providing excellent customer service to key stakeholders, which has achieved real results throughout our work with Northumbria Water Group. We look forward to the event in October.”