Challenge yourself, develop new skills and help us deliver quality construction projects for satisfied clients. Surround yourself with innovative and forward-thinking people, all pushing in the same direction. Sound appealing? Come and join us…FAQs
Quantity Surveyor - (Closing date 31/08/2022)
To manage new build housing schemes inclusive of all commercial activities and work well with the rest of the dedicated site team.
Strong focus on mentoring Assistant and Trainee Surveyors, providing the relevant support & guidance as part of your role.
- Reporting results to commercial management team on a timely basis
- Ability to manage multiple sites
- Plan Coordinate monitor work of Assistant Surveyors
- The timely and accurate measurement and valuation of the works
- The recording of information relating to the works
- Attendance at valuation meetings with the Client Representatives
- Production of project financial forecasts and reports
- Sub-contractor procurement and management
- Valuation and certification of payments to Sub contractors
- Supervise Assistant Surveyors where required
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect
Experience & Qualifications:
- HNC/HND/Degree qualification in Surveying/Construction or equivalent – Desirable
- Experience of having worked on a variety of building contracts, JCT, NEC contracts and other partnering forms of contract
- Proven track record of working on new build housing schemes
- In this dynamic business unit the ability to work to deadlines is essential
- Clear understanding of contractual terms and conditions both sub-contract and main contract
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
- Demonstrates financial awareness
- Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organisation
- Recognises the impact of change on others (directly or indirectly) and support them through it
- Consistently makes decisions which bring benefit to customers
- Builds rapport with all customers and service users
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Valid UK driving licence
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, everyone is encouraged to apply again when a suitable role becomes available.
Yes, anyone applying to work at Esh will be treated equally in line with our policy. We strive to recruit from the widest and most diverse talent pool available.
In line with GDPR legislation, we treat your information with the strictest confidence. It will not be shared with third parties.
Our interview process is based on individual role requirements. We use competency-based questions and may also use other selection tools such as presentations or psychometric testing. It may sound daunting, but it isn’t – you will be given sufficient guidance prior to your interview.
Sorry, unfortunately not.
Sorry, unfortunately not. Please check our current vacancies on our website or sign up to receive vacancy alerts.
Yes, if one of our team recommends you and you’re successful, they could earn up to £500 as long as they are not part of the selection process.
Contact our HR Team
Group HR Administrator
Group HR Administrator