Challenge yourself, develop new skills and help us deliver quality construction projects for satisfied clients. Surround yourself with innovative and forward-thinking people, all pushing in the same direction. Sound appealing? Come and join us…FAQs
To lead and manage projects from their initial concept through to completion – including close liaison through pre-construction phase with design team. The Contracts Manager will be responsible for the management and control of all our developments to achieve high standards of construction quality. The successful candidate will assist the Construction Director to appraise the project buildability and produce a Construction Programme.
- To ensure schemes are completed within timescales, budgetary requirements and to the highest standards.
- Motivate and lead others to successfully deliver construction projects to completion.
- Plan and schedule workforce requirements for internal resources and subcontractors, ensuring adequate resources for holidays / peaks in workload.
- Monitor and manage project programme to ensure progress to plan.
- Monitor and control preliminary costs, working closely with the Commercial department to ensure maximum efficiency of delivery.
- Monitor and manage work to ensure quality of overall products.
- Ensure site / workforce is compliant with Health and Safety regulations at all times.
- Anticipate potential problems and take responsibility to move the scheme forward.
- Establish good working relations with clients and staff, ensuring communication is clear, appropriate and effective at all levels.
- Conduct day to day line management duties effectively following Esh Group policies and procedures (including recruitment / selection; induction; training; appraisals; absence management; disciplinary and grievances).
- Prepare and submit site timely and accurate reports.
- Liaise with Aftercare to ensure customer concerns are dealt with.
- Issue the agreed Build Programme and Build Direction to Site Managers
It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities for self and others.
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- ESH Health and Safety audits
- Delivery of projects on time and in budget
- NHBC reportable items
Experience and Qualifications:
- House Building experience essential
- Good financial awareness
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety
- In depth Knowledge of NHBC requirements
- Experience of working in public arena with good customer communication skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Encourages and supports others colleagues
- Remains focused when faced with competing demands
- Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm
- Works productively in a high-pressure environment
- Assists others with support and directions to enable them to carry out their work
- Excellent time management skills
- Professional behaviour at all times, setting an example to others
- Effective listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Full valid UK driving licence
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, everyone is encouraged to apply again when a suitable role becomes available.
Yes, anyone applying to work at Esh will be treated equally in line with our policy. We strive to recruit from the widest and most diverse talent pool available.
In line with GDPR legislation, we treat your information with the strictest confidence. It will not be shared with third parties.
Our interview process is based on individual role requirements. We use competency-based questions and may also use other selection tools such as presentations or psychometric testing. It may sound daunting, but it isn’t – you will be given sufficient guidance prior to your interview.
Sorry, unfortunately not.
Sorry, unfortunately not. Please check our current vacancies on our website or sign up to receive vacancy alerts.
Yes, if one of our team recommends you and you’re successful, they could earn up to £500 as long as they are not part of the selection process.
Contact our HR Team
Group HR Administrator
Group HR Administrator