Challenge yourself, develop new skills and help us deliver quality construction projects for satisfied clients. Surround yourself with innovative and forward-thinking people, all pushing in the same direction. Sound appealing? Come and join us…FAQs
Vactor Operative - (Closing date - 31/12/2023)
The primary objective of the post will be to install patches to the wastewater network in order to provide a non-intrusive solution of the highest quality and recording the activity. Working as part of a team and within confined spaces is also a key aspect.
- The installation of UV liners and blue light liners is the principle activity in this role
- Excellent record keeping and quality control
- Be innovative in regards to best practice
- Adhere to the safe systems of work
- Working as part of a team is fundamental
It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation
- To ensure that all activities are completed to the highest quality
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Preparation and distribution of reports on time
- Accuracy of data collection
- Flexible approach to change in task priority
- Proactive approach to the development of new ideas
Experience and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of GIS
- Full driving clean licence
- Experience of lining activities is essential
- Has a “can do / will do” attitude
- Is punctual and reliable
- Has a structured methodical approach to key tasks
- Well organised and can work within set deadlines
- To work safely and efficiently
- Keeps people informed of progress on key tasks
- Self-motivated and displays good time management skills
- Is open to new ideas and listens to other points of view
- Takes responsibility for managing own performance and personal development
- Conducts themselves in a courteous and professional manner
- Communicates clearly and appropriately
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, everyone is encouraged to apply again when a suitable role becomes available.
Yes, anyone applying to work at Esh will be treated equally in line with our policy. We strive to recruit from the widest and most diverse talent pool available.
In line with GDPR legislation, we treat your information with the strictest confidence. It will not be shared with third parties.
Our interview process is based on individual role requirements. We use competency-based questions and may also use other selection tools such as presentations or psychometric testing. It may sound daunting, but it isn’t – you will be given sufficient guidance prior to your interview.
Sorry, unfortunately not.
Sorry, unfortunately not. Please check our current vacancies on our website or sign up to receive vacancy alerts.
Yes, if one of our team recommends you and you’re successful, they could earn up to £500 as long as they are not part of the selection process.
Contact our HR Team
Group HR Administrator
Group HR Administrator