Challenge yourself, develop new skills and help us deliver quality construction projects for satisfied clients. Surround yourself with innovative and forward-thinking people, all pushing in the same direction. Sound appealing? Come and join us…FAQs
General Foreman - (Closing date 25/08/2022)
The management and supervision of all construction works on site including sub-contract trades, reporting to the Site Agent/Project Manager. To deliver projects to high standards of Health and Safety, whilst maintaining programme, budget, and producing a quality end product, defect free.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience in delivery of large civil engineering schemes, including Highways, Drainage and Structures
• Good IT Skills with knowledge and experience using Microsoft office and other relevant software
• Holds a CSCS card – minimum gold standard.
• SMSTS qualified
• Confined space training and Street works Qualification are preferred.
• First aid at work certificate preferred.
• UK driving licence, Clean or low on points.
Health, Safety & Environmental:
• Can independently & confidently carry out Inductions and TBT briefings
• Operates and promotes safe working on site implementing company HSE standards, paying specific attention to HSE legislation and quality (Leads by example)
• Ensure all works are carried out in line with approved method statements and risk assessments and can deliver RAMs briefings.
• Can complete the relevant daily and weekly permits such as PUWER/LOLER/Permit to dig and deliver briefings to site teams.
• Has a good understanding of HSE procedures within Esh Group and undertakes the necessary reporting and documentation befitting to role.
• Ensure site personnel have task relevant training requirements and is entered on site personnel training register.
• Achieves good standards on site (4 score)
• Can fulfil the role of Temporary Works Supervisor
• Good knowledge of construction activities including drainage, deep excavation, road construction, structures, and temporary works.
• Assists with promoting best practice, identifying efficiencies and innovation.
• Can provide ideas /troubleshoot day to day project delivery issues.
Programme and Progress:
• Can assist the project planner with Project Programme and as-built monthly updates
• Provides input into efficiency and innovation planning and implementation (Collaborative Planning).
• Contributes to and deliver works aligned to the master programme.
• Schedules, co-ordinates and allocates supervision to the daily activities of gangs/site operatives and ensures gangs/site operatives complete all required documentation in line with company requirements.
• Tracks and documents daily work productions. (Daily diary)
• Can plan resource requirements in advance and communicate requirements effectively to line manager.
• Conducts themselves in a courteous and professional manner.
• Is open and honest.
• Friendly and approachable.
• Encourages and supports other colleagues.
• Has a ‘can do / will do’ attitude
• Good communication skills and keeps colleagues/peers informed.
• Remains focused and can work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Is open to new ideas and listens to others point of view.
• Can adapt their communication style to suit colleagues/client and customer.
• Can take feedback on own performance and takes steps to improve this.
• Organises and manages the hire and off-hire of external/internal equipment on a daily basis.
• Ensure the completion of works on time, within budget and compliant with specification, proactively driving progress of the works, challenging methods to maximise progress and minimise costs.
• Maintains up to date and accurate records of measurement for direct and subcontract works to support QS
• Assists in Monthly CVR with QS, and is transparent in reporting
• Has a basic understanding of sub-contractor orders and the responsibilities of ESH attendances and can and communicate this to the wider team
• Can identify risks and opportunities and communicates in monthly reports to management.
Record Keeping/ Progress Reporting:
• Maintain excellent site records and document activities accurately.
• Consistently uses VP where required for key documentation reporting
• Carry out and records site inspections. (QA Control/ITP)
• Can co-ordinate deliveries and collection of materials and necessary quality checks as required.
• Has the experience to liaise with customers/suppliers/third parties as necessary alongside the Construction Liaison Officer.
• Maintains good relationships with all stakeholders including internal team, Client, and sub-contractors.
• Has an understanding of Sector QA and demonstrates buy in by compliance.
• Has the ability to recognise defective works and rectify in a timely manner
• Ensures project team and SC supply chain deliver to high standards (Lead by Example)
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, everyone is encouraged to apply again when a suitable role becomes available.
Yes, anyone applying to work at Esh will be treated equally in line with our policy. We strive to recruit from the widest and most diverse talent pool available.
In line with GDPR legislation, we treat your information with the strictest confidence. It will not be shared with third parties.
Our interview process is based on individual role requirements. We use competency-based questions and may also use other selection tools such as presentations or psychometric testing. It may sound daunting, but it isn’t – you will be given sufficient guidance prior to your interview.
Sorry, unfortunately not.
Sorry, unfortunately not. Please check our current vacancies on our website or sign up to receive vacancy alerts.
Yes, if one of our team recommends you and you’re successful, they could earn up to £500 as long as they are not part of the selection process.
Contact our HR Team
Group HR Administrator
Group HR Administrator