Challenge yourself, develop new skills and help us deliver quality construction projects for satisfied clients. Surround yourself with innovative and forward-thinking people, all pushing in the same direction. Sound appealing? Come and join us…FAQs
Engineer - Year Out Placement - (Closing date - 01/05/2024)
To commence in August/ September 2024.
Experience working with clients in both the public and private sectors delivering Civil Engineering projects, which will include highways, bridges, flood alleviation, car parks, retaining walls and coastal protection works.
Assist with the following:
- Ensure the accurate setting out and the safe construction of the works in accordance with the contract documents and the requirements of the client
- Ensure technical compliance and the safety of all operational activities
- Maintain and agree with the client’s representatives, relevant site records and as-built drawings
- Ensure exceptional levels of customer care
It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Adherence to deadlines
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be currently working toward an Undergraduate degree, preferably in Civil Engineering
- Must be studying a Construction related undergraduate degree course
- Friendly and approachable
- Has a “can do / will do” attitude
- Is punctual and reliable
- To work safely and efficiently
- Keeps people informed of progress on key tasks
- Displays good time management skills
- Open to new ideas and listens to other points of view
- Takes responsibility for managing own performance and personal development
- Conducts themselves in a courteous and professional manner
- Communicates clearly and appropriately
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, everyone is encouraged to apply again when a suitable role becomes available.
Yes, anyone applying to work at Esh will be treated equally in line with our policy. We strive to recruit from the widest and most diverse talent pool available.
In line with GDPR legislation, we treat your information with the strictest confidence. It will not be shared with third parties.
Our interview process is based on individual role requirements. We use competency-based questions and may also use other selection tools such as presentations or psychometric testing. It may sound daunting, but it isn’t – you will be given sufficient guidance prior to your interview.
Sorry, unfortunately not.
Sorry, unfortunately not. Please check our current vacancies on our website or sign up to receive vacancy alerts.
Yes, if one of our team recommends you and you’re successful, they could earn up to £500 as long as they are not part of the selection process.
Contact our HR Team
Group HR Administrator
Group HR Administrator