Challenge yourself, develop new skills and help us deliver quality construction projects for satisfied clients. Surround yourself with innovative and forward-thinking people, all pushing in the same direction. Sound appealing? Come and join us…FAQs
Land Manager - (Closing date - 17/12/2023)
This is an opportunity for an experienced land manager to work with an established team in a privately-owned organisation. The role offers some degree of autonomy and freedom as opposed to the PLC house builder environment. With less process and the ability to obtain quick approvals.
The ideal candidate must be able to take a site from initial find through appraisal, planning, purchase and deliver it to “site start".
Undertake land purchase exercise
- Prepare appropriate briefs for architects for the preparation of feasibility schemes
- Collate build costs, market research, local planning policy summary
- Liaise with the internal team to produce an initial land value appraisal
- Build relationships and liaise with RPs and/or HA consultants to obtain offers for affordable housing disposals
- Negotiate affordable housing prices that can be relied upon for land bids
- Negotiate S106 requirements
- Chair Weekly land meetings to update and coordinate progress
- Provide and maintain predevelopment programmes
- Instruct and coordinate solicitors during land acquisition
- Organise and chair bid launch meetings
- Coordinate the land bid from initial brief, layout, appraisal to bid stage
- Successfully negotiate terms for land acquisition
- Build and maintain relationships with internal staff to enable the sharing of information to ensure land purchase exercise information is provided accurately and on time
- Prepare and obtain the necessary approvals to execute documentation
- Consider health and safety issues for any potential new sites
Provide and monitor land market activity on a continuing basis and react to opportunities
- Build and maintain relationships with local contacts to ensure up-to-date knowledge on current and future market opportunities
- Monitor competitor activity
- Good knowledge of the geographical area and the main players within it
- Record and retain any land information received from external providers for future reference
- Manage and maintain the land register/portfolio for previous completed sites
Support Technical Department with abnormal costs and engineering, ensuring commercially viable layouts, advise on planning policy
- The commissioning, co-ordination and checking of various consultant designs and reports
- Design economically and understand the commercial aspects of design decisions
- Must be able to communicate well at all levels
- Have a competent knowledge of the planning system
- Liaise with external consultants to ensure the successful delivery of applications and decisions
- Previous successful experience in land acquisition process in housebuilding industry is essential
- Knowledge of planning policy and process
- Knowledge of potential land technical issues
- Knowledge of the Planning and condition discharge process
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, everyone is encouraged to apply again when a suitable role becomes available.
Yes, anyone applying to work at Esh will be treated equally in line with our policy. We strive to recruit from the widest and most diverse talent pool available.
In line with GDPR legislation, we treat your information with the strictest confidence. It will not be shared with third parties.
Our interview process is based on individual role requirements. We use competency-based questions and may also use other selection tools such as presentations or psychometric testing. It may sound daunting, but it isn’t – you will be given sufficient guidance prior to your interview.
Sorry, unfortunately not.
Sorry, unfortunately not. Please check our current vacancies on our website or sign up to receive vacancy alerts.
Yes, if one of our team recommends you and you’re successful, they could earn up to £500 as long as they are not part of the selection process.
Contact our HR Team
Group HR Administrator
Group HR Administrator