Challenge yourself, develop new skills and help us deliver quality construction projects for satisfied clients. Surround yourself with innovative and forward-thinking people, all pushing in the same direction. Sound appealing? Come and join us…FAQs
Trainee Quantity Surveyor - Year Out Placement - (Closing date - 31/01/2024)
To commence in August/ September 2024.
To provide support with the financial management on civil engineering projects; to assist with ensuring the measurement, valuation and cash flow on assigned projects are managed effectively.
- Timely and accurate measurement and valuation of works
- Accurate and appropriate recording of information relating to the works
- Attendance at valuation meetings with the client representatives/subcontractors
- Production of information to assist with financial forecasts and reports
- Management, valuation and certification of payments to sub-contractors
It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities
- To recognise the importance of Fairness, Inclusion and Respect in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Delivery of valuation of works to senior management
- Customer and colleague feedback
- Work safely and efficiently
Experience and Qualifications:
- Evidence of current study in a quantity surveying discipline or similar
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s A – C or equivalent including mathematics, ICT and English desirable
- Full valid UK driving licence desirable
- Knowledge of SMM7, CESMM , Highways Methods of Measurement advantageous
- Knowledge of construction processes and procedures are advantageous
- Excellent written and face-to-face communication skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Excellent mathematics and IT skills
- The ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and an organised approach
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, everyone is encouraged to apply again when a suitable role becomes available.
Yes, anyone applying to work at Esh will be treated equally in line with our policy. We strive to recruit from the widest and most diverse talent pool available.
In line with GDPR legislation, we treat your information with the strictest confidence. It will not be shared with third parties.
Our interview process is based on individual role requirements. We use competency-based questions and may also use other selection tools such as presentations or psychometric testing. It may sound daunting, but it isn’t – you will be given sufficient guidance prior to your interview.
Sorry, unfortunately not.
Sorry, unfortunately not. Please check our current vacancies on our website or sign up to receive vacancy alerts.
Yes, if one of our team recommends you and you’re successful, they could earn up to £500 as long as they are not part of the selection process.
Contact our HR Team
Group HR Administrator
Group HR Administrator