Northumbrian Water Group
NEC3 Option A
The scheme was required to develop premium holiday lodges within the Kielder Reservoir area. Our contribution involved infrastructure for 17 prefabricated lodges located within an existing mobile caravan park and within newly created areas in the thick evergreen woodland.
The infrastructure works involved:
- Large scale earthworks for the lodge construction and road network around each site.
- Construction of 700m2 of new access roads
- 250m2 of new paving allowing access to each lodge, associated amenities and out buildings
- The construction and installation of necessary retaining structures and gabion basket bin stores.
- Concrete slab foundations to accommodate 17 lodges
- Lifting and placement of the bespoke prefabricated lodges
- Installation of Electric/IT kiosks
- Installation of both foul water and surface water drainage and other associated services for each lodge
- Soft landscaping.
We had previously worked with the client to install the show lodge and had provided valuable early contractor involvement to develop the final lodge designs, e.g. retaining wall systems, as well as integrate with the proposed specialist suppliers to ensure safe delivery to site and confirm foundation layouts.