Challenge yourself, develop new skills and help us deliver quality construction projects for satisfied clients. Surround yourself with innovative and forward-thinking people, all pushing in the same direction. Sound appealing? Come and join us…FAQs
Quantity Surveyor - Esh Civils - (Closing date - 31/08/2022)
The commercial management of contracts specific to Esh Civils.
- Preparation of Interim Valuations and Final Accounts
- Procurement of sub-contractors in line with target programme and company policy requirements for competency of sub-contractors, recommendations, orders, warranties. including pre-order meetings
- Contract administration of sub-contracts (including progress meetings, delay evaluation, variations, day works, clean up notices, damages, material waste, defects, relevant notices
- Timely and accurate assessment and payment of sub-contractors applications and issuance of payment notifications to sub-contractor, including contra charges
- Final Account agreement of sub-contract accounts
- Measurement of quantities both on site and from drawings, where required
- Timely and accurate evaluation of variations, provisional sum expenditure and monitoring of the same
- Weekly direct labour and plant subcontractor payments if required
- Material cost control
- Accurate production of internal valuations, sub-contract liabilities and cost value reconciliations in line with the Commercial reporting timetable
- Working closely with the Site Manager and rest of delivery team to monitor progress and its effect on margin and producing joint monthly preliminaries budgets
- Ensuring good quality and accurate records are kept and maintained
- Delay identification, notification, in tandem with Quantity Surveying line manager
It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Achieving deadlines
- Improving profit margin
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a relevant HND or equivalent
- Experience of working on projects within the relevant sector or as specific to project
- Excellent telephone skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately
- Able to produce accurate work within required deadlines
- Has a “can do/ will do” attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- To work safely and efficiently
- Keep people informed of progress on key tasks
- Displays good time management skills
- Polite and approachable at all times
- Is open to new ideas and listens to other people’s point of view
- Takes responsibility for managing own performance and personal development
- Conducts themselves in a courteous and professional manner
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, everyone is encouraged to apply again when a suitable role becomes available.
Yes, anyone applying to work at Esh will be treated equally in line with our policy. We strive to recruit from the widest and most diverse talent pool available.
In line with GDPR legislation, we treat your information with the strictest confidence. It will not be shared with third parties.
Our interview process is based on individual role requirements. We use competency-based questions and may also use other selection tools such as presentations or psychometric testing. It may sound daunting, but it isn’t – you will be given sufficient guidance prior to your interview.
Sorry, unfortunately not.
Sorry, unfortunately not. Please check our current vacancies on our website or sign up to receive vacancy alerts.
Yes, if one of our team recommends you and you’re successful, they could earn up to £500 as long as they are not part of the selection process.
Contact our HR Team
Group HR Administrator
Group HR Administrator