Challenge yourself, develop new skills and help us deliver quality construction projects for satisfied clients. Surround yourself with innovative and forward-thinking people, all pushing in the same direction. Sound appealing? Come and join us…FAQs
Apprentice Civil Engineer - (Closing date - 15/12/2023)
To assist the Civil Engineer in all relevant activities; working towards and meeting tight deadlines. Progressing to become a qualified engineer.
- Support the site engineer with accurate setting out and the safe construction of the works in accordance with the contract documents and the requirements of the client
- Ensure technical compliance and the safety of all operational activities
- Maintain and agree with the client’s representatives, relevant site records and as-built drawings
- Ensure full compliance with contractual requirements and Company Quality Management Systems
- Provide accurate records and measurement details to enable the Quantity Surveyor to prepare monthly valuations
- Ensure exceptional levels of customer care
- Complete apprenticeship framework in line with individual learning plan
The outlined duties may vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities
- To recognise the importance of Fairness, Inclusion and Respect in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Customer and colleague feedback
- Piece rate / output productivity work
- Participation with the apprenticeship framework; including college attendance, on-site assessments and testing, where required
- Work safely and efficiently
- Progression will college course
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s 9 - 5 or equivalent including ICT, maths, English and a science subject (preferably physics) essential
- Full valid UK driving licence (desirable)
- Effective listening skills
- Good communication skills, both written and face to face
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Professional behaviour at all times
- “Can do / will do” attitude
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, everyone is encouraged to apply again when a suitable role becomes available.
Yes, anyone applying to work at Esh will be treated equally in line with our policy. We strive to recruit from the widest and most diverse talent pool available.
In line with GDPR legislation, we treat your information with the strictest confidence. It will not be shared with third parties.
Our interview process is based on individual role requirements. We use competency-based questions and may also use other selection tools such as presentations or psychometric testing. It may sound daunting, but it isn’t – you will be given sufficient guidance prior to your interview.
Sorry, unfortunately not.
Sorry, unfortunately not. Please check our current vacancies on our website or sign up to receive vacancy alerts.
Yes, if one of our team recommends you and you’re successful, they could earn up to £500 as long as they are not part of the selection process.
Contact our HR Team
Group HR Administrator
Group HR Administrator