Lumsden & Carroll Civil Engineering
- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
Commercial Manager / Managing QS
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
To provide financial management on a variety of projects specific to post, ensuring that the measurement, valuation and cash flow on assigned projects are managed effectively.
- The timely and accurate measurement and valuation of the works; including ensuring other members of the team comply.
- The recording of information relating to the works.
- Attendance at valuation meetings with the Client Representatives as required and / or verifying attendance by required members of the team.
- Production of project financial forecasts and reports.
- Subcontractor procurement and management – approval of subcontract orders and payments produced by other members of staff.
- Valuation, certification and / or approval of payments to Sub Contractors.
- Aid and mentor the QS team in achieving company objectives.
- It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
Qualifications and Experience
- 10 years’ experience and a proven track record in the commercial environment.
- Ideally HND, degree or equivalent is - desirable.
- Competent in construction processes and procedures.
- Experience of Microsoft and office IT packages.
- Proven experience of working within different contract frameworks.
- Experience in working with contract documentation specific to role.
- Comprehensive contracting and commercial skills.
- Encourage and supports other colleagues.
- Remains focused when faced with competing demands.
- Analyses own performance and takes steps to improve this.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately.
- Works productively in high pressure environments.
- Assists others, providing direction and support to them, to carry out their work.
- Excellent written skills.
- Consistently makes decisions which bring benefits to the business.
- Conducts themselves in a courteous and professional manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Valid UK driving licence.