Lumsden & Carroll Civil Engineering
- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder, the outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- Setting up and clearing sites to NRASWA standards in the highway.
- Unloading and laying by hand, hot and cold tarmac materials.
- Removing existing frames in the highway and covers and renewing the same.
- Lifting manhole covers to determine status of frame and chamber.
- Laying by hand, concrete paving stones, slabs and lintels.
- Re-instating setts in the road.
- Laying top soil by hand.
- Loading and unloading frames and covers.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Customer complaints.
Experience and Qualifications
- Driving licence 7.5t category with ability to tow.
- Street works qualification.
- Roller certificate.
- Ironwork installation.
- General ground works.
- Good communication skills written and face to face.
- Good telephone skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and flexibility in working hours.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under own initiative and be self motivated.