- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
To lead and manage projects from their initial concept through to completion – including close liaison through pre construction phase with design consultants.
- To ensure schemes are completed within timescales, budgetary requirements and to the highest standards.
- Motivate and lead others to successfully deliver construction projects to completion.
- Plan and schedule workforce requirements for internal resources and subcontractors, ensuring adequate resources for holidays / peaks in workload.
- Monitor and manage project programme to ensure progress to plan.
- Ensure timely submission of key reporting requirements for client system.
- Monitor and control preliminary costs, working closely with the Commercial department to ensure maximum efficiency of delivery.
- Monitor and manage work to ensure quality of overall products.
- Ensure site / workforce is compliant with Health and Safety regulations at all times.
- Anticipate potential problems and take responsibility to move the scheme forward.
- Establish good working relations with clients and staff, ensuring communication is clear, appropriate and effective at all levels.
- Use customer / client information to tailor services to meet individual need.
- Conduct day to day line management duties effectively following Esh Group policies and procedures (including recruitment / selection; induction; training; appraisals; absence management; disciplinary and grievances).
- Prepare and submit site timely and accurate reports.
- It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities for self and others.
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- ESH Health and Safety audits.
- Delivery of projects on time and in budget.
Experience and Qualifications
- Pertinent contracting experience essential.
- Good financial awareness.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety.
- Experience of working in public arena with good customer communication skills.
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
- Encourages and supports others colleagues.
- Remains focused when faced with competing demands.
- Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm.
- Adapts their communication style to suit their customer / colleague responding to their feedback or queries.
- Works productively in a high pressure environment.
- Assists others with support and directions to enable them to carry out their work.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Gathers customer feedback for their service, and uses this to improve the customer experience.
- Builds rapport with all customers and service users.
- Professional behaviour at all times, setting an example to others.
- Effective listening skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer focused.
- Full valid UK driving licence.