Homes by Esh
- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
Assist with the commercial control of house building projects and develop advisory links between Technical, Construction, Development, Finance and Sales Departments.
- Prepare tender documentation and sub contract analysis sheets.
- Measurement of quantities both on site and from drawings where required.
- Timely and accurate assessment and payment of sub-contractors applications and issuance of payment notifications to sub-contractor, including contra charges.
- Liaising with contractors and outside bodies, ensuring effective management communication which is required with our projects.
- Post holder will develop construction knowledge as well as more traditional home construction.
- Assist with cost analysis on the product to generate efficiencies / perceived value.
- Inspect land opportunities and prepare detailed estimate of development costs.
- Issue variation orders on on-going developments.
- Complete tender documentation, submit to client and negotiate price.
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers in relation to product development.
- Prepare tender documentation on new developments.
- Assist the Commercial Manager as and when requested.
- Prepare reports as and when required to do so.
- Occasional travel to sites as required.
- It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities. This is a transitional role towards being a fully independent QS.
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Build relationships with supply chain, colleagues, Client and Design Team.
- Act as part of a team to deliver activities that support operational objectives.
- Manages a variety of tasks and is able to plan accordingly.
- Reduce cost and maximise value.
Experience and Qualifications
- HNC / HND / Degree qualification in Surveying / Construction or equivalent, either in part or completed - desirable.
- Accuracy of measures.
- Attention to detail.
- Client feedback.
- Quantity Surveyor feedback.
- Site team feedback.
- Has a “can do / will do” attitude.
- Is punctual and reliable.
- To work safely and efficiently.
- Keeps people informed of progress on key tasks.
- Displays good time management skills.
- Polite and approachable always.
- Is open to new ideas and listens to others point of view.
- Takes responsibility for managing own performance and personal development.
- Conducts themselves in a courteous and professional manner.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately.