Esh Property Services
- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
To assist the Quantity Surveying line manager in all relevant activities and be accountable to for all commercial and contractual aspects of projects.
- Work alongside a Quantity Surveying line manager on larger projects to help in all commercial aspects.
- On smaller schemes to financially manage the whole of the projects, only getting feedback and assistance where necessary from the QS line manager.
- Preparation of Interim Valuations and Final Accounts.
- Professional delivery of sustainable and profitable growth.
- Procurement of sub-contractors in line with Target Programme and company policy requirements for competency of sub-contractors, recommendations, orders, warranties. Including pre-order meetings.
- Contract administration of sub-contracts (including progress meetings, delay evaluation, variations, day works, clean up notices, damages, material waste, defects and relevant notices).
- Timely and accurate assessment and payment of sub-contractors applications and issuance of payment notifications to sub-contractor, including contracharges.
- Final Account agreement of sub-contract accounts.
- Measurement of quantities both on site and from drawings where required.
- Timely and accurate evaluation of variations / provisional sum expenditure and monitoring of the same.
- Direct labour plant material cost control.
- Accurate production of Internal Valuations, Sub-contract Liabilities and Cost Value Reconciliations in line with the Commercial Reporting Timetable.
- Working closely with the Site Manager to monitor progress and its effect on margin and producing joint monthly preliminaries budgets.
- Ensure good quality and accurate records are kept and maintained.
- Delay identification and notification, in tandem with Quantity Surveying line manager.
- It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities. This is a transitional role towards being a fully independent QS.
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect including Clients and the supply chain as well as colleagues.
- Build relationships with supply chain, colleagues and Client and Design Team.
- Act as part of a team to deliver activities that support operational objectives.
- Manages a variety of tasks and can plan accordingly.
- If and where required supervises activities of Trainee QS.
- Reduce cost and maximise value.
Experience and Qualifications
- HNC / HND / Degree qualification in Surveying / Construction or equivalent - desirable.
- Accuracy of measures.
- Client feedback.
- Quantity Surveyor feedback.
- Increase gross margin performance.
- Has a “can do / will do” attitude.
- Is punctual and reliable.
- To work safely and efficiently.
- Keeps people informed of progress on key tasks.
- Displays good time management skills.
- Polite and approachable always.
- Is open to new ideas and listens to others point of view.
- Takes responsibility for managing own performance and personal development.
- Conducts themselves in a courteous and professional manner.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately.