- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
Programme Manager - Project Gateway
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
To manage the planning, design, and implementation of various distinct projects currently being taken forward as part of project gateway [our business transformation project] across multiple business functions to ensure the successful deployment of new process and systems.
- Manage the successful implementation of discreet projects.
- Manage project governance procedures and routines including milestone planning and monitoring, risk and issue management, progress and status reporting and change control.
- Monitor and track the delivery of benefits against the business case.
- Execute detailed implementation plans including detailed schedule of all activities (e.g. project charter, budget, resource plan, requirement definition, data conversion, testing, cutover activities, end user security).
- Prepare project status reports.
- Author and maintain the risk and issue register, change control documentation and monitor progress against cost budgets and planned benefits.
- Monitor critical success measures and performance indicators.
- Create project and program schedules and critical path analysis.
- Maintain business case model and analysis.
- Create and maintain critical dependency maps across the programme.
- Create and maintain the change control process.
- Manage issue resolution and risk management processes.
- Create and maintain all project documentation and storage procedures.
- Performs the change control process, where required, to report and manage potential programme impact.
- Defines and maintains a process to escalate programme risks and issues to executive leadership.
- Support programme manager as required on wider programme work.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 1 years’ experience of previous project management – essential.
- Experience of varied projects – essential.
- Systems implementation background – essential.
- Knowledge of programme governance and control procedures.
- Project financial management and business case tracking.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Project management qualifications - desirable.
- Analytical skills.
- Change agent.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- People management.
- Esh processes and operations.
- Rigour and attention to detail.
- Relationship management.