- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
To play a support role in the commercial team; supporting the managing of the costs across a range of measured term contracts in both private and public sectors. Ensure the client gets good value for money and the contract runs at a steady profit margin.
- Work closely with Quantity Surveyor to gain an understanding of various schedules of rates.
- Support the Quantity Surveyor in maintaining control of day to day invoicing.
- Work closely with Quantity Surveyor to gain an understanding of costs to be able to invoice for all chargeable items.
- Taking ownership of the pricing and measurement of jobs.
- Liaising with Quantity Surveyor with final measurements.
- Liaising with the site supervisor and operatives for information on measurements, variations etc.
- Liaising with contractors on a daily basis.
- Assist in the preparation of financial progress reports to be presented to clients.
- Complete apprenticeship framework in line with individual learning plan.
- It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
- To recognise the importance of Fairness, Inclusion and Respect in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Customer and colleague feedback.
- Gross profit margins achieved on invoicing.
- Level of work in progress and outstanding completed works to invoice.
- Participation with the apprenticeship framework; including college attendance, on-site assessments and testing, where required.
- Work safely and efficiently.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s A – C or equivalent including ICT, Maths and English essential.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Takes pride in work.
- Legible handwriting.
- Willing & eager to learn.
- Effective team player.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Satisfactory communication skills written, face to face and over the telephone.
- Satisfactory time management skills.
- Professional behaviour at all times.
- Role is fixed term - 2 years
- Although there are generally no laid down minimum requirements or previous experience requirements to undertake this apprenticeship within the Esh Group, this apprenticeship is likely to be suitable for individuals who:
- Have evidence of work experience, including volunteering, within the sector.
- A good knowledge of construction methods and materials.
- Budget handling skills.
- Excellent IT and maths skills.
- A methodical approach to work.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good communication and negotiating skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team.