- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
To assist and support the qualified Joiner. Undertake reactive and planned maintenance to retail / education / public sector clients. To work in and around existing occupied / refurbished properties supporting various repairs and replacement works as directed.
- Repair identified faults with existing elements as instructed.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Undertake allocated work to the required standard on a first time fix basis where possible.
- Maintain and develop a high standard of customer care.
- Submission of daily and weekly paperwork accurately and on time.
- Complete the apprenticeship framework in line with individual learning plan.
- It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Customer and colleague feedback.
- Piece rate / output productivity work.
- Participation with the apprenticeship framework; including college attendance, on-site assessments and testing, where required.
- Work safely and efficiently.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s A – C or equivalent including Maths and English desirable.
- Full valid UK driving licence desirable, willingness to learn to drive essential.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Takes pride in work.
- Satisfactory numeracy & literacy skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Willing & eager to learn.
- Effective team player.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Satisfactory communication skills written, face to face and over the telephone.
- Satisfactory time management skills.
- Professional behaviour at all times.
- Role is fixed term - 2 years
- Although there are generally no laid down minimum requirements or previous experience requirements to undertake this apprenticeship within the Esh Group, this apprenticeship is likely to be suitable for individuals who:
- Have evidence of work experience, including volunteering, within the sector.
- A suitable level of physical fitness to perform aspects of the job (moving and handling resources, placing and fixing materials).
- You enjoy making things and have an eye for detail.
- Applicants should be aware that the specific nature of this type of work may involve varied working conditions including:
- Working outdoors and in adverse weather conditions, e.g. temperature variations.
- Shift work (may include nights and weekends).
- Working at height.
- Working in confined spaces.
- Working within highly regulated and controlled areas.
- Working within high hazard environments.
- Wearing specialist safety equipment.
- Working away from home.