Esh Property Services
- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
Working on a construction site or in domestic and commercial premises, to given specifications, carrying out site carpentry to first and second fixing (door frames, hanging doors, boxing pipes, window frames and floor joists).
- Support qualified joiner with identification of faults with existing elements and repairs as required.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Undertake works to the required standard on a first-time fix basis where possible.
- Ensure exceptional levels of customer care.
- Submission of daily and weekly paperwork accurately and on time.
- Complete apprenticeship framework in line with individual learning plan.
- It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Customer and colleague feedback.
- Piece rate / output productivity work.
- Participation with the apprenticeship framework; including college attendance, on-site assessments and testing, where required.
- Work safely and efficiently.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s A – C or equivalent including Maths and English desirable.
- Full valid UK driving licence desirable.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Takes pride in work.
- Satisfactory numeracy and literacy skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Willing and eager to learn.
- Effective team player.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Satisfactory communication skills written, face to face and over the telephone.
- Satisfactory time management skills.
- Professional behaviour always.
- Have evidence of work experience, including volunteering, within the sector.
- A suitable level of physical fitness to perform aspects of the job (moving and handling resources, placing and fixing materials).
- You enjoy making things and have an eye for detail.
- Working outdoors and in adverse weather conditions, e.g. temperature variations.
- Shift work (may include nights and weekends).
- Working at height.
- Working in confined spaces.
- Working within highly regulated and controlled areas.
- Working within high hazard environments.
- Wearing specialist safety equipment.
- Working away from home.