Finlayson's Contracts Ltd
- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
To work with other joiners, hanging doors, boxing pipes, window frames and floor joists to given specifications. All types of general joinery based in various locations.
- Support qualified joiner with the construction of door frames, hanging doors, boxing pipes, window frames and floor joists to given specifications.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Undertake works to the required standard on a first basis where possible.
- Complete the apprenticeship framework in line with individual learning plan.
- Submission of daily and weekly paperwork accurately and on time.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
- To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Customer and colleague feedback.
- Piece rate / output productivity work.
- Participation with the apprenticeship framework; including college attendance, on-site assessments and testing, where required.
- Work safely and efficiently.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s A – C, or Scottish equivalent, including Maths and English desirable
- Full valid UK driving licence desirable.
- Able to follow instructions
- Takes pride in work.
- Satisfactory numeracy & literacy skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Willing & eager to learn.
- Effective team player.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Satisfactory communication skills written, face to face and over the telephone.
- Satisfactory time management skills.
- Professional behaviour at all times.
- Although there are generally no laid down minimum requirements or previous experience requirements to undertake this apprenticeship within the Esh Group, this apprenticeship is likely to be suitable for individuals who:
- Have evidence of work experience, including volunteering, within the sector.
- A suitable level of physical fitness to perform aspects of the job (moving and handling resources, placing and fixing materials).
- You enjoy making things and have an eye for detail.
Applicants should be aware that the specific nature of this type of work may involve varied working conditions including:
- Working outdoors and in adverse weather conditions, e.g. temperature variations.
- Shift work (may include nights and weekends).
- Working at height.
- Working in confined spaces.
- Working within highly regulated and controlled areas.
- Working within high hazard environments.
- Wearing specialist safety equipment.