Esh Property Services
- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
Carry out general construction work, ensuring it meets the client’s expectations and Health and Safety is adhered to always.
- Carry out various tasks as directed by the Site Manager, including: Digging and concreting foundations. Over sites. Power floating. Laying ducts. Laying house drainage. Laying kerbs. Flags and block paving.
- Ensure timesheets are submitted accurately and on time.
- Adhere to company absence reporting procedure.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development for self and team, through appraisals ensuring participation in any identified training or development opportunities.
- To recognise the importance of Fairness, Inclusion and Respect in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Customer and colleague feedback.
- Piece rate / output productivity work.
- Participation with the apprenticeship framework; including college attendance, on-site assessments and testing, where required.
- Work safely and efficiently.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s A – C or equivalent including Maths and English desirable.
- Full valid UK driving licence desirable.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Takes pride in work.
- Satisfactory numeracy and literacy skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Willing and eager to learn.
- Effective team player.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Satisfactory communication skills written, face to face and over the telephone.
- Satisfactory time management skills.
- Professional behaviour always.
- Although there are generally no laid down minimum requirements or previous experience requirements to undertake this apprenticeship within the Esh Group, this apprenticeship is likely to be suitable for individuals who have evidence of work experience, including volunteering, within the sector.
- Applicants should be aware that the specific nature of this type of work may involve varied working conditions including:
- Working outdoors and in adverse weather conditions, e.g. temperature variations.
- Shift work (may include nights and weekends).
- Working at height.
- Working in confined spaces.
- Working within highly regulated and controlled areas.
- Working within high hazard environments.
- Wearing specialist safety equipment.
- Working away from home.