Deerness Fencing & Landscaping
- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
To support the installation of various types of fencing on new build, social and regeneration housing projects, industrial, and civil engineering projects throughout the North East and Yorkshire areas.
- Support the installation of timber fencing of various types and heights on new build plot works and various other similar type projects.
- Support the installation of mesh fencing of various types and heights on new build, industrial and civil engineering projects.
- Support the installation of palisade fencing of various types and heights on new build , industrial and civil engineering projects.
- Liaise with colleagues, Contract Supervisor or Site Manager as required for each task.
- Ensure a polite and courteous behaviour towards customers, clients and members of the public at all times.
- Submit weekly production reports to Contract Supervisors or Director for authorisation.
- Maintain high standard of customer service when conducting tasks.
- Ensure colleagues’ and supervisors are informed of progress on key tasks.
- Complete the apprenticeship framework in line with individual learning plan.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
- To recognise the importance of Fairness, Inclusion and Respect in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Customer and colleague feedback
- Piece rate / output productivity work
- Participation with the apprenticeship framework; including college attendance, on-site assessments and testing, where required
- Work safely and efficiently
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s A – C or equivalent including Maths and English desirable
- Full valid UK driving licence desirable
- Able to follow instructions
- Takes pride in work
- Satisfactory numeracy & literacy skills
- Legible handwriting
- Willing & eager to learn
- Effective team player
- Punctual and reliable
- Satisfactory communication skills written, face to face and over the telephone
- Satisfactory time management skills
- Professional behaviour at all times
- Although there are generally no laid down minimum requirements or previous experience requirements to undertake this apprenticeship within the Esh Group, this apprenticeship is likely to be suitable for individuals who:
- Enjoy working outdoors in a variety of locations
- Have an aptitude for practical work
- Have an interest in the environment and construction
- Have evidence of work experience, including volunteering, within the sector