Esh Property Services
- Base Location:
- Reporting to:
- Closing Date:
- Job Reference:
Work on a construction site to given specifications, setting out basic structures, building brick and block walling, laying domestic drainage, placing and finishing concrete and render surfaces.
- Measuring the work area and setting out the first of bricks (courses) and damp course.
- Mixing mortar by hand or with a mechanical mixer.
- Laying the bricks on top of each other and applying the mortar with a trowel.
- Shaping and trimming bricks using hammers, chisels and power tools.
- Checking that courses are straight using water or laser spirit levels.
- Complete apprenticeship framework in line with individual learning plan.
- It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
- The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
- To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
- To recognise the importance of Fairness, Inclusion and Respect in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Customer and colleague feedback.
- Piece rate / output productivity work.
- Participation with the apprenticeship framework; including college attendance, on-site assessments and testing, where required.
- Work safely and efficiently.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s A – C or equivalent including Maths and English desirable.
- Full valid UK driving licence desirable.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Takes pride in work.
- Satisfactory numeracy and literacy skills.
- Legible handwriting.
- Willing and eager to learn.
- Effective team player.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Satisfactory communication skills written, face to face and over the telephone.
- Satisfactory time management skills.
- Professional behaviour always.
- Have evidence of work experience, including volunteering within the sector.
- Enjoy working outdoors.
- Have an eye for detail and can read and understand plans.
- Working outdoors and in adverse weather conditions, e.g. temperature variations.
- Shift work (may include nights and weekends).
- Working at height.
- Working in confined spaces.
- Working within highly regulated and controlled areas.
- Working within high hazard environments.
- Wearing specialist safety equipment.
- Working away from home.